These were my favorite treats in Paris. I miss Paris desperately. These are so easy to make I am bringing them in for co-workers tomorrow.
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of powdered cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 225, line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Get 6 eggs to room temperature, separate the egg whites and add to kitchenaid stand mixer. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. I had to keep the mixer at a speed of around 6.
3. Add vanilla, keep beating
4. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder keep beating until very stiff.
5. Place a good sized dallops ( around 1 tablespoon) on parchment paper. Bake for 2 hours and let the meringues cool in the oven.
Pretty easy to make, one bit of advice, any drop of yolk no matter how small will ruin the batter and it will not work. I crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl once I confirm no yolk I add it to the mixer’s bowl and do it that way as to not ruin the other egg whites I’ve successfully cracked.