So I found a recipe online I made today. It was a meat recipe that I just adjusted to fit my vegetarian needs. I love when I can find recipes like that.
1 cup of dried white beans
3 cups of veggie broth
1 link of vegetarian sausage (3.5oz)
handful of baby carrots
package of frozen spinach
3 diced garlic cloves
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tsp salt, pepper
- Cook dried white beans in the rice cooker
- Cook up sausage in the frying pan just so it become a bit crunchy and not as soft
- Add to a big soup pot- broth, carrots, spinach, garlic and seasonings- cook on low for about an hour.
- Add in sausage after cooking for a few minutes.
- After beans have cooked, add them to the soup, cook on low for another half an hour
I completely twisted around the recipe a lot, there should have been onions but I didn’t add onions. I added carrots, it told me to use chicken broth.It will be lunch tomorrow I hope it’s good.
PS The carrot parsnip soup was amazing. I loved it so so much and it made a ton as well. I really need to make it again over the next few weeks.