I made this recipe this morning. I just replaced peaches instead of apricots. It definitely needs the yogurt and honey on top for some extra sweetness.
It was very easy to make. Sorry I’ve been neglectful of this blog, it turns out the IUI worked and worked very well. Hopefully I will be expecting twin girls in early January. So I’ve been battling nausea and a very picky appetite. I hope with some energy coming back I can begin to cook more.
I finally made a new recipe today. I used this recipe. I doubled it though. So far from the taste test it’s pretty good.
I met with a nutritionist last week and it opened up the door on some of what I can and can eat on a low carb diet. It was amazing and wonderful. I feel better about it and I hope that I can gain some weight.
I am in an IUI cycle, after two failed IVF cycles. Perhaps and hopefully this is the the magically cycle that will lead us to our rainbow baby.
So the last soup recipe I made it wasn’t the great honestly. No idea why really. I just wasn’t into it. So I found a recipe for carb less pancakes so I tried them. Two weeks ago I tried some other type of carb less pancake recipe involving bananas. It did not go well. I could not get them to bind while cooking.
So this recipe is yummy and works much better.
1 package of regular cream cheese
1 tsp of sugar
4 tsp of vaniila
extras- 2-3 tablespoons of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of nutmeg, 2 table spoons of apple sauce.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 1 :45
- Add eggs one at a time to the cream cheese, add sugar and vanilla
- Mix together real well
- Meanwhile a heat frying pan real well. I used butter.
I made about 6 pancakes last night they were good. I used about 2 tablespoons for each pancake. They binded easily and cooked well. They were pretty good but tasted too egg like for me. I’ve tried so hard to make eggs my friend an it hasn’t worked. They were still good. I did top it with some butter and some cinnamon.
I used the batter to make some more the next day. I added some applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg. They were even better than the night before, less egg like and a bit sweeter.
While not pancakes this has made me very happy.
So I found a recipe online I made today. It was a meat recipe that I just adjusted to fit my vegetarian needs. I love when I can find recipes like that.
1 cup of dried white beans
3 cups of veggie broth
1 link of vegetarian sausage (3.5oz)
handful of baby carrots
package of frozen spinach
3 diced garlic cloves
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tsp salt, pepper
- Cook dried white beans in the rice cooker
- Cook up sausage in the frying pan just so it become a bit crunchy and not as soft
- Add to a big soup pot- broth, carrots, spinach, garlic and seasonings- cook on low for about an hour.
- Add in sausage after cooking for a few minutes.
- After beans have cooked, add them to the soup, cook on low for another half an hour
I completely twisted around the recipe a lot, there should have been onions but I didn’t add onions. I added carrots, it told me to use chicken broth.It will be lunch tomorrow I hope it’s good.
PS The carrot parsnip soup was amazing. I loved it so so much and it made a ton as well. I really need to make it again over the next few weeks.
So I saw some of these type recipes on pinterest so I decided to go with it. I didn’t follow w recipe I just went along and created my own. I was really looking for another low carb breakfast option. They were pretty good. I still have an issue with eating and enjoying eggs since being pregnant. It’s not fun.
1 cup of cheese
1 cup of salsa
some salt and pepper
- Sprayed a muffin tin with non stick coating spray preheated the oven to 350
- Cracked each egg in a cup, and then added each egg to the bowl with the cheese and salsa.
- I wisked everything together, added some salt and pepper.
- I added about 1/2 cup of mixture into each muffin
- I cooked them for about 45 minutes or so. I prefer my eggs cooked well,
I had a bit of hard time getting some of them out of the muffin tin but most of them retain their shape. They tasted pretty good. I hope I can enjoy them I was able to get 12 egg muffins out of it.
I made this recipe over the weekend. It was good. I loved the richness.
I did not do step 3 I got lazy but this is good and so easy.
So yesterday I made this for my weekly lunches and OMG it was amazing.
I didn’t make any tweaks except for replacing onions with mushrooms- the cremini kind. I used boxed veggie broth. I’ve been too lazy to make my own. This was great. I had trouble finding the beefless tips but my Shoprite had them.
Yes I cheat low carb a bit with the potatoes. I started up with IVF last week and hoping that is the key to our rainbow baby.
This coming weekend- carrot and parsnip soup 🙂 I’m finding it easy to come up with low carb soup options. 🙂 Although it was 50 today so soup isn’t really needed as much as wanted. 🙂
Happy 2016! One of my goals is to get more into posting here, trying new recipes. This was so easy and so good. I followed the recipe exactly.
Meanwhile. I had a chemical pregnancy earlier in the week. So now with my RE we are moving on to IVF w/ PGD. I really hope this will be our shot for a baby.
These were my favorite treats in Paris. I miss Paris desperately. These are so easy to make I am bringing them in for co-workers tomorrow.
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of powdered cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 225, line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Get 6 eggs to room temperature, separate the egg whites and add to kitchenaid stand mixer. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. I had to keep the mixer at a speed of around 6.
3. Add vanilla, keep beating
4. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder keep beating until very stiff.
5. Place a good sized dallops ( around 1 tablespoon) on parchment paper. Bake for 2 hours and let the meringues cool in the oven.
Pretty easy to make, one bit of advice, any drop of yolk no matter how small will ruin the batter and it will not work. I crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl once I confirm no yolk I add it to the mixer’s bowl and do it that way as to not ruin the other egg whites I’ve successfully cracked.
I made this recipe so long along, I think even before blogging. It has cheese but by some sweet miracle my body can tolerate cheese again, so I made this. It was a quick and easy recipe to make.
1 medium sized eggplant
non coat cooking spray
3/4 lbs of provolone cheese
- Coat casserole dish with a non stick coating spray and preheat oven to 350
- Dice up eggplant into round circle or half circles what ever best fits your casserole dish
- Layer eggplant, drizzle some olive oil and above mentioned seasoning
- Add a layer of cheese
- Rinse and repeat
- It is so easy and so good.
- I let this cook in the oven for about 30 minutes until the eggplant was cooked and cheese was all melted
I imagine you could add in other vegetable- tomatoes sliced came to mind, or use other kinds of cheese. The combo from the last time was really good though, so hopefully it is again this time around.