So I made this for Chris tonight, he hasn’t eaten it yet so the verdict is still out. This was easier than making the vegan enchiladas. I found a few recipes online, I looked around and improvised with a recipe of my own
1 lb ground beef
some taco seasoning
1/4 cup of black beans
2 cups of enchilada sauce
2 cups of cheese
1. Cook ground beef, add some taco seasoning and beans
2. Meanwhile I sprayed the casserole try with spam and covered it with enchilada sauce
3. I added ground beef mixture and cheese and wrapped up 4 burritos. I only used about half of the ground beef mixture too.
4. I added the enchiladas seam down in the casserole dish, covered with enchilada, sauce and cheese. I will cook until the cheese is melty and bubbly so for about 20-25 minutes.
So since the hurricane food supplies have been weird, and a lot has not been stocked. I went to Walmart, Target and Shoprite- no broccoli. Hopefully I find some next week. I have a recipe I hope to make next week.
So in order to make something new this week, I improvised with what I had in the pantry. So I made creamed spinach for the first time and it was so yummy.
spinach- I wish I could say how much, I get my spinach in the vegetable market and they prepackage it.
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons of butter
heavy whipping cream
1. saute spinach and garlic with butter, under the spinach shrinks down quite a bit. Add in salt and pepper to taste
2. I guestimated the amount of cream to use, I wish I could say. I continued to cook the spinach until most of the cream evaporated.
It was so simple and so easy. I loved it, but I’ve always loved creamed spinach. Hopefully I report back next week with something a bit more interesting.