So the last soup recipe I made it wasn’t the great honestly. No idea why really. I just wasn’t into it. So I found a recipe for carb less pancakes so I tried them. Two weeks ago I tried some other type of carb less pancake recipe involving bananas. It did not go well. I could not get them to bind while cooking.
So this recipe is yummy and works much better.
1 package of regular cream cheese
1 tsp of sugar
4 tsp of vaniila
extras- 2-3 tablespoons of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of nutmeg, 2 table spoons of apple sauce.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 1 :45
- Add eggs one at a time to the cream cheese, add sugar and vanilla
- Mix together real well
- Meanwhile a heat frying pan real well. I used butter.
I made about 6 pancakes last night they were good. I used about 2 tablespoons for each pancake. They binded easily and cooked well. They were pretty good but tasted too egg like for me. I’ve tried so hard to make eggs my friend an it hasn’t worked. They were still good. I did top it with some butter and some cinnamon.
I used the batter to make some more the next day. I added some applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg. They were even better than the night before, less egg like and a bit sweeter.
While not pancakes this has made me very happy.
So yesterday I made this for my weekly lunches and OMG it was amazing.
I didn’t make any tweaks except for replacing onions with mushrooms- the cremini kind. I used boxed veggie broth. I’ve been too lazy to make my own. This was great. I had trouble finding the beefless tips but my Shoprite had them.
Yes I cheat low carb a bit with the potatoes. I started up with IVF last week and hoping that is the key to our rainbow baby.
This coming weekend- carrot and parsnip soup 🙂 I’m finding it easy to come up with low carb soup options. 🙂 Although it was 50 today so soup isn’t really needed as much as wanted. 🙂
Happy 2016! One of my goals is to get more into posting here, trying new recipes. This was so easy and so good. I followed the recipe exactly.
Meanwhile. I had a chemical pregnancy earlier in the week. So now with my RE we are moving on to IVF w/ PGD. I really hope this will be our shot for a baby.
These were my favorite treats in Paris. I miss Paris desperately. These are so easy to make I am bringing them in for co-workers tomorrow.
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of powdered cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 225, line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Get 6 eggs to room temperature, separate the egg whites and add to kitchenaid stand mixer. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. I had to keep the mixer at a speed of around 6.
3. Add vanilla, keep beating
4. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder keep beating until very stiff.
5. Place a good sized dallops ( around 1 tablespoon) on parchment paper. Bake for 2 hours and let the meringues cool in the oven.
Pretty easy to make, one bit of advice, any drop of yolk no matter how small will ruin the batter and it will not work. I crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl once I confirm no yolk I add it to the mixer’s bowl and do it that way as to not ruin the other egg whites I’ve successfully cracked.
So a few weeks ago I found in Shoprite a bad of dried mixed beans. I thought someone how it could be good for a soup I did a little taste test and it’s very yummy.
1 cup of dried mixed bean
3 cups of veggie broth
1 table spoon of garlic powder, oregano and onion powder
1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
4 carrot diced
4 stalks of celery.
2 big handful of cremini mushrooms
1. I cooked in my rice cooker the dried beans after rinsing them for about an hour
2. Meanwhile I diced up carrots, celery and some mushrooms I had leftover from a stir fry we had this week
3. I added the beans, vegetable broth, the veggies and seasoning into a bit pot. I let it simmer on a low heat for almost 2 hours until the veggies were soft.
This should be good for a few lunches this week.
So simple & so basic
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of peanut butter creamy or crunchy I prefer creamy
1 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Add all ingredients into a kitchenaid mixer and mix
3. Roll into balls about 1 tablespoon worth, I dipped them in sugar/cinnamon mix that is optional though, flatten onto a silpat
4. Cook for about 10 minutes
So good and so simple!
No carb pizza, I made this on a whim earlier this week
I put an big mushroom in the oven on 400 for about 15 minutes, prior to I scrubbed it and took out some of the insides.
I took the mushroom out of the oven, added some homemade pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
I put it in the oven again until the cheese was melted and bubbly.
This was so incredibly good!
3 cups of dried navy bean
8oz of mushrooms diced
1 onion diced
32 oz of vegetable stock
3 cups of water
1. I soaked the beans for several hours then cooked them in my rice cooker
2. I diced the onions and mushroom put them on a pan in the oven and roasted them for about 20 minutes
3. in a large pot I added some olive oil and the vegetables and cooked for another 10 minutes. I then added the beans, water and broth and let simmer for about 1 1/2 hours
Very simple and the small sample I had tasted very good.
So easy and so incredibly good!
3 medium potatoes
1 small onion
1 cup of vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon of cashews
1 1/2 cups of soy or almond milk plain unsweetened
1. Heat 3 potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes
2. Meanwhile in a medium sized frying pan, heat up onion with seasonings and vegetable broth- heat until the onions are soft and translucent
3. Potatoes and stir for a few minutes
4. In a blender or food processor, add cashews and almond milk and the mixture from the frying pan,
5. Blend until smooth.
This is so good. It makes about 4 medium sized bowls, next time I am doubling the recipe.
It has been crazy with rehearsals so I have two updates today. I made 2 weeks ago a protein shake and I am in love with them. I drank one before rehearsal and felt more full from most meals I normally eat for dinner.
In a blender I added
5 ice cubes
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 whole frozen banana
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla soy or almond milk
Yum. I’m thinking this week of replacing the banana with strawberries.